Another important meeting is forthcoming as the Ogden Valley Planning Commission will meet to decide the fate of the Green Valley Academy - a proposed treatment facility for the "Forrest Gump" kids of America. Or at least the Forrest Gump's with extremely wealthy parents.
The meeting will be held:
Tuesday, June 22nd @ 5 PM
Weber County Commission Chambers
2380 Washington Blvd.
The agenda and Planning commission packet is available on the County web site.
Click here to view the agenda
To review the Planning Commissioner's packet, click here (large file that may take a few minutes to load).
The Commissioner's packet is some 109 pages, but we will point out some pages of importance.
- Minutes of the May 25, 2010 meeting in which the request was 'tabled' begin near the bottom of page 10
- Exhibits related to the proposed facility begin on page 51
- Letters from concerned residents begin on page 63
- Don't miss the letter on page 67 from a law firm
- In part, the letter states:Please find enclosed herewith a Legal Memorandum regarding the protections provided disabled individuals under the Fair Housing Amended Act.
- Page 80 - Assertions for Maintaining the Current Ordinance of FV-3 Zone in Weber County - submitted by Concerned Citizens and Neighbors of the Ogden Valley
Lastly, be sure to read this recent letter to the editor of the Standard by Huntsville resident Greg W. Anderson