The agenda is full Tonight. Here are the details:
Weber County Commission Chambers,
Weber Center (2380 Washington Blvd).
at 5:00 p.m.
Here are some of the high points of the agenda along with our brief commentary highlighted in italics.
- 2.1. CUP 2012-01 Consideration and action for approval of a Conditional Use Permit CUP2012-01 for a heliport located east of Green Hill Country Estates at 1600 North Maple Street approximately two-thirds of a mile from the Maple Street cul-de-sac within the Forest 40 Zone (F-40) (Timothy Charlwood, Applicant)
- No time was wasted following the approval of the new heliport ordinance.
- 2.2. CUP 2011-06 Consideration and action on a conditional use permit application for a public utility substation (cellular site at approximately 95 Ogden Canyon Road) in the Forest Residential 1 Zone (FR-1)(Doug Kofford, Agent for TAIC, and David Hardman, Owner)
- Site is at Perry Camp near the restored kiln.
- 2.3. ZTA 2012-2 Consideration and Action on an amendment to Chapter 18B (Commercial Valley Zones CV-1 and CV-2) of the Weber County Zoning Ordinance to allow assisted living facility as permitted use.
- Dan Phelps has purchased the Red Moose Lodge and plans on converting it to an Assisted Living Facility. He just needs a zoning amendment.
- 2.4. ZO-2010-10 Consideration and action for approval of staff amendments to the Weber County Zoning Ordinance Chapter 1 (General Provisions), Chapter 9-A (Shoreline Zone (S-1), Chapter 23 (Supplementary and Qualifying Regulations), Chapter 24 (Parking and Loading Space, Vehicle Traffic and Access Regulations), Chapter 29 (Board of Adjustment), Chapter 31 (Administration), and Chapter 36-B (Hillside Development Review Procedures and Standards) regarding the Weber Board of Adjustment.
- Many of these proposed changes give the planning department more administrative authority while taking away from our local resident appointed Ogden Valley Planning Commission and the Board of Adjustment.
- Think here about the Green Valley Academy being called a school because a planning department staffer decided that it met the definition. Also, remember the in house approval of an Elk Cutting Facility, only to rescind it a few months later.
- Both were done in house without the oversight of the planning commission, and now the Planning Department wants more. We say, "More Transparency, not less."
- 2.5. ZTA 2010-8 Consideration and Action on an amendment to Chapter 1 of the Weber County Subdivision Ordinance (General Provision – Filing Preliminary and Final plats).
It's going to be an exciting meeting.