3/31/16 Construction Update
Pineview Water Systems is replacing the irrigation water siphon at the mouth of Ogden Canyon. The following are planned construction activities.
Please note that due to weather conditions, emergency situations or equipment/supply issues, schedules are subject to change.
· Effective through project completion in April/May 2016, motorists should continue to expect minimal flagging operations on SR-39 at the mouth of the canyon. Restrictions will be effective during daylight hours, through . Traffic will be stopped intermittently in both directions for up to 15-minute intervals to accommodate construction equipment access and as a public safety precaution as suspended loads are being transported over the roadway. The work schedule is largely weather-dependent.
· All sections of the new pipe have been installed and crews are painting the exterior of the pipe as weather allows.
· The project team is preparing the pipe for pressure testing in order to ensure the pipe will be ready for irrigation season.
· Once pressure testing is complete, the trolley system that was used for the removal and installation of the pipe will be disassembled and taken off site.
· As the project wraps up, crews will begin restoring the construction site.
· Although the pipe will soon be operational, the construction site will be active and off limits to the public as site restoration continues.
· As a public safety precaution, crews want to remind hikers that all areas in the construction zone on both sides of the canyon are off limits.
· All areas below the siphon that have been fenced off and signed are off limits to the public during construction.
· Drivers are encouraged to follow all signs and flaggers through the work zone to promote public safety. A protective highway cover has been built over SR-39 beneath the siphon.
PROJECT PURPOSE & DESCRIPTION
· The Ogden Canyon siphon is the pipeline that is suspended between the canyon walls at the mouth of Ogden Canyon. The pipe is owned by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation and operated by Pineview Water Systems. It has been in use since the summer of 1937, providing irrigation water for almost 80 years. It currently serves 10,000 customers in the Ogden area.
· The siphon was at the end of its operational life and needed to be replaced. A new pipe and support system with seismic upgrades were installed. The new siphon looks very similar to the original siphon. The new siphon is expected to be operational by irrigation season.
Pineview Water has employed a project-dedicated public involvement team to keep the public informed and help address concerns throughout project construction. Residents with questions or concerns may contact Marcus Murdock:
· Phone: 801-888-3159
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org