It's that time of year again - construction time.
Click here to view an article from Sunday's Standard Examiner
And here is an update from the contractor:
2/11/16 Construction Update
Pineview Water Systems is replacing the irrigation water siphon at the mouth of Ogden Canyon. The following are planned construction activities.
Please note that due to weather conditions, emergency situations or equipment/supply issues, schedules are subject to change.
· Effective through project completion in April 2016, motorists should continue to expect flagging operations on SR-39 at the mouth of the canyon. Restrictions will be effective during daylight hours, through Saturday. Traffic will be stopped intermittently in both directions for up to 15-minute intervals to accommodate construction equipment access and as a public safety precaution as suspended loads are being transported over the roadway. The work schedule is largely weather-dependent.
· All hanging sections of the new pipe have been installed and crews will begin installing new sections of pipe that will be on the north and south face of the canyon walls.
· Crews are continually battling freezing temperatures and high winds to ensure the project stays on schedule.
· As a public safety precaution and with spring approaching, crews want to remind hikers that all areas in the construction zone on both sides of the canyon are off limits.
· All areas below the siphon that have been fenced off and signed are off limits to the public during construction.
· Drivers are encouraged to follow all signs and flaggers through the work zone to promote public safety. A protective highway cover has been built over SR-39 beneath the siphon.
PROJECT PURPOSE & DESCRIPTION
· The Ogden Canyon siphon is the pipeline that is suspended between the canyon walls at the mouth of Ogden Canyon. The pipe is owned by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation and operated by Pineview Water Systems. It has been in use since the summer of 1937, providing irrigation water for almost 80 years. It currently serves 10,000 customers in the Ogden area.
· The siphon is at the end of its operational life and needs to be replaced. A new pipe and support system with seismic upgrades will be installed. The new siphon will look very similar to the existing pipe. The new siphon is expected to be operational by early April 2016.
Pineview Water has employed a project-dedicated public involvement team to keep the public informed and help address concerns throughout project construction. Residents with questions or concerns may contact Marcus Murdock:
· Phone: 801-888-3159
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org