VALLEY CITIZENS FOR RESPONSIBLE DEVELOPMENT PUBLIC MEETING
THURSDAY, MAY 10TH, 2007
PLEASE ATTEND AND INVITE YOUR NEIGHBORS.
Here's a summary of the discussion from the last meeting of VCRD:
Explained the results of the Board of Adjustment decision regarding calculation of home ensity in wet land areas. The Board supported the developer. The Army Corp of Engineers still needs to make a final determination.
Report on the status of our membership and finances.
l. A need to have more visibility in Ogden Valley by having Eden, Liberty
and Huntsville Town form alliances with VCRD. Also a need for more publication in local and Salt Lake City newspapers.
2. We all should make contact with the County Commissioners via mail, email and telephone calls to voice our concerns. The County Commissioners have the final say in the decisions.
3. Discussion on the "Truth In Taxation" law of l985. More information will be provided in the future.
4. Discussion on the proposed Valley Ordinances.
5. A need to have the county provide notices to the citizens impacted by
development. Currently it isn't the best.
6. Discussion on Middlefork Canyon and plans by the Fish and Game.
7. Other business and discussion.
Leon Fielding and Dennis Shaw met with the Huntsville Town Council last week and requested an alliance with the Town. A motion was submitted and passed approving this alliance.
THE NEXT PUBLIC MEETING IS THURSDAY, MAY 10TH, 2007, 7:00 PM, AT THE HUNTSVILLE LIBRARY. PLEASE ATTEND AND INVITE YOUR NEIGHBORS.
Disclaimer: The Ogden Valley Forum is not officially affiliated with VCRD, but serves as a sounding board for all and fully supports VCRD in their efforts for Responsible Development.