Anonymous Comments Will Be Removed
Anonymous posts can be confusing and hard to follow with several users posting anonymously in the same thread. Please create a User Name/ID when adding to our comments section.
Thursday, October 17, 2013
The work and closures continue
Construction Activity Update – 10/17/13
The following are planned construction activities. Please note that due to weather conditions, emergency situations, or equipment/supply issues, schedules are subject to change.
· Alternating one-way traffic will be directed by flaggers on SR-39 between the mouth of the canyon and Gray Cliff through this Friday (Oct. 18) between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. daily for work on the eastbound shoulders. Please be advised that metal plating will be used to cover construction areas during non-construction hours (4 p.m. to 8 a.m.).
· Intermittent flagging operations are planned at the mouth of the canyon during the first part of next week for landscaping work along the roadway shoulder and removal of temporary construction fencing. Following this work, flagging operations are expected to be suspended until early November when slope stabilization work will require a few more weeks of intermittent flagging at the canyon mouth.
· During early November, the city plans to perform structural upgrades to the pipe support structure at the Gray Cliff bridge. No water service interruptions or traffic impacts are expected with this work.
Residents can get more information by calling 801-910-5356 or email@example.com. Text “ogdenwater” to 25827 for regular project text updates.
at 7:24 PM
Posted by Valley
Thursday, October 03, 2013
You have probably already encountered the closures, but here is the latest:
Oct. 2-4: Alternating one-way traffic will be directed by flaggers at various locations along SR-39 through the canyon for shoulder work (sign and delineator post installation, inlet box maintenance and general clean-up). Restrictions will be effective Wednesday through Friday (Oct. 2-4) from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily. Travel delays are expected to be minimal.
Flagging operations are expected to continue on SR-39 at the mouth of Ogden Canyon through the end of next week to facilitate the replacement of an existing 24-inch culinary waterline. Alternating one-way traffic is effective on weekdays from approximately 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (both lanes open by 5 p.m. on Fridays).
Schedule and Traffic Impacts
- No full road closures or night or weekend lane restrictions are planned during construction.
- One-way traffic will be directed by flaggers on SR-39 at the mouth of the canyon on weekdays between approximately 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. (both lanes open by 5 p.m. on Fridays).
- Due to the safety hazard of potential falling rock, the public is advised to avoid the hotpots and surrounding area on the south side of SR-39 in the construction zone. The area is closed around the clock for the duration of construction and will be closely monitored by law enforcement. Trespassers will be cited. Parking is also prohibited on SR-39 in the work zone.
More InformationResidents can get more information by calling 801-910-5356 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Text “ogdenwater” to 25827 for regular project text updates.